Adopting and advancing health equity is vital to improve health outcomes for all populations. This critical training focuses on core health equity concepts and strategies that can be leveraged by administrators, physicians, nurses, population and public health professionals, and others with health equity and social justice missions. Duration: 1 hour 11 minutes.
- Understand and value core health equity concepts
- Exercise health equity in leadership, clinical practice, and care delivery.
- Make the best equitable choices for patients.
- Describe the complex nature of health equity
- Interpret how inequities in health and social needs affect patients and communities daily
- Define vulnerable populations
- Describe social determinants of health and their impact on health outcomes.
- Understand the importance of culturally and linguistically appropriate standards
- Identify ways to implement the culturally and linguistically appropriate standards in practice
- Identify important health equity training outcomes for workforce development.
- Compare health equity evaluation strategies to ensure diffusion of equity throughout your organization.